Monday, March 12, 2018

No delay tomorrow predicted

coating to an inch
on warm roads
no big deal
No delay tomorrow

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

March Nor'easter Day 2

So….that was underwhelming, though I heard Welsh Mountain got 10 inches. Usually I would say a two-hour delay after a cancellation, but given the underperformance and the quick melting nature of everything, I have a feeling they’ll check the roads tomorrow morning before school and send us in at regular time.  We still COULD get a delay, but I’m GUESSING we won’t. 50/50. Prediction: Regular schedule tomorrow

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

March Nor-easter

So the “European models” are supposedly saying the storm is going out to sea, but all of my sources are saying at LEAST 3-5 inches on Wednesday. The most likely scenario here (75% - Pequea Valley) is half a foot of snow, during the day on Wednesday. Even if it doesn’t really snow overnight, the threat of 1-2” per hour would make triggering an early dismissal once we’re in fairly difficult to do.  Is it possible we’ll get very little? Yes, but unlikely.
Official Prediction: NO SCHOOL WEDNESDAY
Tentative Prediction: No school Thursday – Unless this system is a bust, the snow will last all day Wednesday, leaving us 6+ inches to plow, giving us at LEAST a delay, but likely a cancellation, as we are typically last to get plowed.  But maybe it won’t be that bad, and we’ll be able to get in and save ourselves from the 6th snow day.

Currently 9-4

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

(7-4) Snow, Sleet, Ice Storm Wednesday

Took a loss for the post-super bowl delay I didn't even consider, now 7-4.
But for tomorrow, I'm seeing very little chance of coming in to school, given that 1-3" of snow, then sleet and freezing rain is expected throughout the school day.  There's still a slight chance it starts late and we get in, but I'm at 80% certainty of NO SCHOOL TOMORROW.

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Ice? (6-3)

Soo...There will be some concerns about roadways Friday morning, though the precipitation stops pretty early (3-4am), and the temperature continues to drop after that. It's going to be another game time decision, but I'm leaning on NO DELAY TOMORROW.  Be wary of black ice, especially on bridges. There are no winter weather advisories at this time, but give yourself some extra time tomorrow morning. 6-3 right now.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018


Early Dismissal?
Nah...The snow will continue, but with only about 2" max, temperatures around freezing, and plenty of traffic, the roads should be fine, but caution is still warranted.  The snow should end before 2, which gives us more time to clear the roads before dismissing, making an early dismissal likely more dangerous, in my opinion, than staying at school.

Monday, January 29, 2018

Weird storm (4-3)

50-50 between regular day and closing. Why?
Temperatures around freezing after warm days will keep roads wet, but not icy.  Less than 100% chance of snow.  Looks light-ish. Only starting around 4am, which means not enough time to accumulate. Ending around 1 or 2pm, so no use in letting out early, as it’s better to wait for the roads to improve.
But still…if it’s hard enough in the morning that we get an inch by 6am (unlikely), then it will continue to snow during the commute, and that would close us.  However, and I know I’m betting on the positive outcome here, with my blinders on, I do think this snow will not be all that bad and the roads will be very traversable.
Also, a delay doesn’t seem to be likely, since that would only let the roads get worse before we head out, in my opinion. Hence, official prediction is…REGULAR SCHOOL DAY TOMORROW.  Currently 4-3.