Thursday, January 29, 2015

Delay Tomorrow?

I’m going to predict NO DELAY TOMORROW, though it’s definitely not out of the question.  I’m looking at 75-25 odds, since there’s a low 60% chance that we’ll even get anything, the biggest prediction is an inch, and it’s not really going to occur in the morning during the commute.

here's hoping my record breaks even. 

Monday, January 26, 2015


50/50 shot at a cancellation tomorrow.  Why? It looks like another 1-3 inches tonight, which is very similar to last night, probably producing the same amounts.  But why MIGHT we get canceled?  The wind. It’ll blow that light fluffy snow everywhere, plus there’s a chance at more snow.  Bottom line I’m changing my prediction to a TWO-HOUR DELAY TUESDAY.

Early Dismissal

Not going to happen.  The storm is not really hitting us and we're looking at scattered snow showers when the plows are out and working well.  There is also no more Winter Storm Warning.  So official prediction is NO EARLY DISMISSAL TODAY.  I might just downgrade tomorrow's cancellation prediction to a delay....updates later.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Winter Storm 2-Parter

I'll make 3 predictions here...
Lots and lots of speculation, etc. out there, people.  But I have a feeling that even if we don’t get as much as is expected, it will be timed just “right” so that we’ll get SCHOOL CANCELLED ON MONDAY, SCHOOL CANCELLED ON TUESDAY, AND A TWO-HOUR DELAY ON WEDNESDAY.  Why?  Well, we’ll get 1-3 inches overnight, and it will keep on snowing, making the roads not so easy to travel, so no school Monday.  Tuesday is essentially the same story, but with a lot more wiggle room, so I’ll call Tuesday off as well.  Wednesday though? Looks like we’ll have high winds with a very dry and light snow, which we know in farm country means some roads are impassable and even deeper than the actual snowfall.  Hence, a delay on Wednesday morning (which could turn into a closing, stay tuned).

Wednesday, January 21, 2015


Well, since I've been giving too much credence to the idea that we can drive in snow and have been shown that peer pressure works in early dismissal giving, I'm going to call a TWO-HOUR DELAY tomorrow.  Plus, I hear there may be some freezing fog/rain overnight and Pequea is out in the sticks...or fields...May as well start flipping coins.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Wednesday 1-3 inches

So it might start earlier than previously thought (possibly as early as 10am). In that case, an early dismissal is POSSIBLE, but I'm not sure how likely.  Therefore, I'm going to stick with the NO EARLY DISMISSAL for tomorrow, but one can hope...As for Thursday delay?  maybe....we'll know more once we actually get the snow.

Wednesday Storm

Wednesday we’ll see snow, but no early dismissal.  Thursday a delay is possible.  Depends on how much snow we get. Will update tomorrow.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Ice Storm tonight into tomorrow means...

At LEAST a delay tomorrow.  It looks like there will be enough ice and sleet early enough that the roads (especially back roads, read: Pequea Valley) won’t be treated by the morning bus routes.  I wonder if there have been some phone calls to districts about not delaying or canceling that might influence a quicker closure.  So my final call is a reluctant NO SCHOOL TOMORROW, since I think we could probably get away with just a delay, but they’ll want to play it safe, and the roads probably won’t be safe when they actually make the call.  If I'm right, I'll be up 4-2 for the season.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wind Chill Delay?

I've heard some commotion...but, no delay tomorrow.  It’ll be cold with wind chills down to -10, but not cold enough for a closing or a delay. Last year we closed for -15 to -20˚F wind chills. 

Monday, January 5, 2015

1-3 inches tomorrow

We’re only really getting 1-3 inches (I’m predicting closer to 1.5), and though the snow will stick to roads, it’ll start too late to impact bus travel in the morning and it’ll stop before we have to leave.  It’s not impossible for a closing, but I think it’s unlikely.  Therefore, I’m predicting a normal schedule tomorrow