Friday, February 28, 2014

Marching Lions (just playing on others' titles)

Looking at the timing of the storm and the (relative) consistency in predictions, I’m pretty confident in predicting SCHOOL CANCELLED MONDAY.  That’s what will indeed happen if today’s predictions hold true through the weekend.  It’s looking like we’ll get about 6” of snow, with some sleet/rain mixed in.  I will still allow myself the normal ability to make a last prediction late Saturday/Early Sunday.  I will also predict for Tuesday at that point.

Monday, February 24, 2014

This week - flurries most likely

I predict

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Freezing rain?

There is a freezing rain advisory tomorrow morning, however I don't think it will impact school travel much. I'll predict NO DELAY TOMORROW. So far I'm 15-6. The most predictions I've made in a winter so far.

Monday, February 17, 2014


Trouble with this one.  A couple years ago, I’d say simply a delay.  However, more recently I think we’ve been cancelling school a little more often than we “should” – in quotes because it’s not really a judgment.  On the other other hand, we’re desperate to not cancel school... This will definitely be a morning decision.  I can guarantee at least a two-hour delay.  In fact, I think I’ll predict a TWO-HOUR DELAY tomorrow, although I wouldn’t be surprised if they cancel.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014


So yesterday I predicted that Thursday school would be cancelled and I’m wondering why it took me so long to call this one today: NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY.  I know the schools are desperate not to have more snow days added on to the end of the year (Pequea’s already had 6 cancellations), but with at least 8 inches being the consistent low-ball estimate and there already being lots of snow on the roads that hasn’t even come close to melting away, it will be nearly impossible to get the roads ready for school travel.  By the way, thank your local PennDOT person for plowing the roads all the way to the grass so as to leave room for the upcoming snowfall.  Brilliant!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

No school Thursday - but what about Friday?

No School Thursday – The storm will happen all school day, making travel impermissible by school districts.  What about Friday?  I’m almost sold that we will be out on Friday as well, especially if the snow lasts into Thursday night…Will officially predict Friday’s result tomorrow.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Post-ice delay?

Not likely.  Although the snow is melting and we will get down to 20˚ overnight, the roads are mostly clear, so I'm predicting NO DELAY TOMORROW.  But be careful!!!  There will be spots where the snow melted to form puddles that freeze overnight and are unable to be salted enough to melt completely.  DRIVE CAREFULLY SENIORS AND JUNIORS!  Give yourself some extra time in the am.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Monday, February 3, 2014

Two-Hour Delay tomorrow

That's the details.  It's possible they'll cancel, but I think they've had plenty of time to plow.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

No school tomorrow?

Lots of uncertainty with this storm. However, I think the timing (during the school day) will prevent anyone from getting us in if there’s anything on the ground in the morning.  There’s a part of me that’s thinking that if there’s only rain, they’ll send the busses out and get everyone in to school, but another part of me says that’s silly considering the massive amounts of snow they’re predicting to fall during the day.  They won’t risk it.  Therefore, NO SCHOOL TOMORROW, but be prepared in case they feel like “getting a day in” by sending everyone in the morning