Friday, March 20, 2015
Thursday, March 19, 2015
If this storm were to occur in January, I would immediately call for a cancellation. However, given the warmer temperatures, wet snow, and high sun angle, I don’t think the snow will really stick much and will generally be wet, not causing too many issues. The only issue complicating this is the Winter Weather Advisory (though it’s not a warning). One way they could go is to call a delay early, but see that the roads aren’t bad, and get everyone in for a day (maybe I just don’t want a snow day). Another way is that they don’t call a delay, notice that not much has fallen and the roads are ok, and get everyone in on regular schedule (I really DON’T want a snow day), with the option of an early dismissal. Or they could just not risk it at all and call a snow day (please…no). I usually get burned with wishful thinking, but I’m going to call A TWO-HOUR DELAY tomorrow, though the roads will be no problem in the morning. One weird way or another, I think weather might just win this one.
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
A delay is possible, but unlikely, considering the at or above freezing temperatures combined with non-freezing rain and well treated roads. Wednesday will be a NORMAL SCHEDULE. Also, thinking ahead, Thursday is looking like NO SCHOOL, however, not all forecasters are predicting more than a coating, and it looks like it’s a super complicated storm, so I’ll have to update tomorrow.
Sunday, March 1, 2015
Yeah, I'll call a delay for tomorrow. There is plenty of time to clean up the roads, but last time I thought that, they delayed. Oh wait, the other last time I thought that, they didn't delay. Ugh...I have no real answer based on anything other than the truthiness of my gut. DELAY tomorrow is predicted.