These are Mr. Webb's predictions for whether or not PV has a regular schedule, a two-hour delay, or a cancellation. *NOTE* This is only Mr. Webb's prediction - he is not consulted by administration for advice and has NO sway whatsoever on what the decision is. THIS IS MR. WEBB'S HYPOTHESIS AND NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT THE OFFICIAL DECISION MADE BY THE DISTRICT. This is for discussion and entertainment purposes only.
If history is my guide, the -10 wind chill tomorrow won't delay schools, but the forecast -22 on Friday (NOAA) will close schools (see 1/6/14). However, the threat of some snow tonight with heavy winds (and thus drifting) is real. I'm not convinced there will be snow, but there are a lot of combinations here that would make us want to be safe. So here go two predictions:
Two-Hour delay Thursday due to some snow/snow drifts/low wind chill combination (50/50)
School closed on Friday due to very low wind chills (80-20)
Let's see if I can use the past to predict the future.
Record this winter so far is an abysmal 11-8.
yeah....there's a slight possibility, but overall, no issues on Tuesday morning (NO DELAY). Just be aware while driving. Timing is too early Monday night to impact us, especially this far south where less is expected.
Temperatures above freezing and a call for all rain give us no real chance for a delay Monday, plus any snow/ice that will occur Monday will be mostly to the North and later in the day, therefore I'm predicting two things:
NO DELAY Monday Morning
NO EARLY DISMISSAL Monday
Tuesday? Currently debating between nothing and a delay...probably nothing, but will update tomorrow.
Sorry for the late prediction, but I’m sticking
to my pre-prediction on Twitter previously…TWO-HOUR DELAY TOMORROW.Some are calling for not much at all, but I
still think it will be dicey in the morning.VERY small chance of closure, fair chance of no delay.