Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Winter Weather is OVER!

There's no such thing as a jinx, so I'm comfortable saying it...
Here's a summary of the 2013-2014 Winter Weather (in Pequea Valley)


Winter 2013-2014
Delays: 6
            Closings: 6 (5 for snow, 1 for Wind Chill)
            Early Dismissals: 0 (1 for rain in October, ignored for record)
            Chances: 26
            My record: 18-8

I'll take it!   A 69% success rate in predicting uncertain human behaviors in response to fairly (un)predictable weather predictions works for me.  This is by far the most chances (the second highest was 09-10 where we had 19 chances).  It was the first winter where Wind Chill was a consideration.  We also had the most closings in the past 5 years, after two years without a true snow day.  I'm guessing next year will be milder.  Only one way to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment