These are Mr. Webb's predictions for whether or not PV has a regular schedule, a two-hour delay, or a cancellation. *NOTE* This is only Mr. Webb's prediction - he is not consulted by administration for advice and has NO sway whatsoever on what the decision is. THIS IS MR. WEBB'S HYPOTHESIS AND NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT THE OFFICIAL DECISION MADE BY THE DISTRICT. This is for discussion and entertainment purposes only.
Monday, January 25, 2016
1/25/16 - Aftermath of Jonas
Anyone else get thundersnow????
Ok, so another lesson learned –
don’t make predictions 5 days ahead of time.The storm will always change, and this time it was way more intense than
expected. The next two days are pretty complicated, however, due to many
factors: Schools are only getting cleared out today (and I know our maintenance
crew is hard at work out there – thank you!); Gap got 30”; some roads in
Lancaster aren’t even plowed, or shoveled, or looked at, yet; melting snow
today; 26˚ low tonight (refreezing); rain Tuesday possible, but a low overnight
close to freezing (salt can do its job).Ugh.I think it’s just a big
mess, so I’m going to predict NO SCHOOL
TUESDAY.We might be able to get in
(assuming our city folk have snowshoes and/or a nice neighbor who will pick
them up for school), but I don’t think they want to risk it.65-35 odds.I’m thinking a two-hour delay on Wednesday right now, but will confirm tomorrow,
given the chance of flurries overnight.