Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Thursday Freezing Rain?

Prediction:  Yikes, this one is truly a dice roll. Freezing rain doesn’t potentially start until after midnight and lasts until noonish…potentially.  I’m seeing overnight POPs of 30% to 70%.  I’d like to say it’s a game day decision, but I don’t think anyone wants to get caught in freezing rain that just happens to start when the busses do. I’m guessing they’ll call a delay tonight or tomorrow morning and then see what happens in the morning to determine delay vs. closure.  It’d be nice to get this day in, but I think the odds are that there will be something happening during the transportation time no matter what, so they’ll call a cancellation.  Might even be one of those cases where they call a cancellation and nothing happens…

All of this is to say…begrudgingly…I’ll predict a cancellation tomorrow, even though that feeds right into Sutherland’s hopes and dreams.    Not because the weather will be particularly dangerous, but dangerous enough.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment